How to spot a Narcissistic and/or Psychopathic neighbor and why it is so important to understand what you are dealing with. What’s different and in many cases so the same with the Narcissist and/or Psychopath neighbor versus if this “being” is a significant other, a family member, a parent, a co-worker or boss.
Why I became the target of this Psychopathic neighbor of mine, like the previous woman who lived where I now live (he’s renting where he lives just over a year now) has firstly and entirely to do with the following 8 known realities:
- He IS a psychopath (As the Police told me) – then all puzzle pieces fell quickly into place for my experience of/from him
- He needs a target
- He targets whoever (female) lives nearest to him because it is part of his locus or focus of control.
- He feels entitled to because he is out of control inside and has a lot of control needs, poor impulse control, and needs for supply because he is isolated and empty inside – devoid of emotion.
- He seeks the same control of a neighbor on the other side of him but it is a man and he does not act this way with men, I’ve come to know, so I am not extra focused on.
- He watched the street too just not in the same target type way
- He needs to maintain his false mask of “sanity” with neighbors on the street.
- He is punitive, passive aggressive, and needs to play that out by trying to isolate (in this case – me) so that he can gain supply (not sure how that works since I’m not engaging or giving any now).
My psychopath neighbor next door dramatically for maximum supply discarded me because:
The patterned method of psychopathology used included: avoidance, anger, overt hostility, passive-aggressiveness, and triangulation with other neighbors as soon as I just happened to be out the front to see what he needed me to see for him to get his supply needs met at the same time as he was seeking to isolate me from others. This isolation is projection on his part and its purpose was basically at core 5-fold.
- To maintain his pseudo-mask of “sanity” with the neighbors since I know and apparently they don’t.
- To hurt me. It did hurt. It hurt to feel isolated from neighbors. But I didn’t engage anything due to how I felt. (The discard was a relief)
- His punitive supply needs in which he delighted in
- To triangulate me and the neighbors so that he feels in control and to protect against being more exposed.
- To isolate me from the neighbors he still maintains the face mask, persona, of “good-guy” “nice-guy” neighbor – he continues to hide.
- He knew he exposed to much verbally and other ways – lots of little tells and mask slips – and that I realized his mask slips. He then heard what Police has said when I first, out of the many times, so far, I have had to call them.
When I mention in this video that what he was doing, I realize people could somewhat misunderstand that if you haven’t had this experience or do not understand what a Narcissist and/or Psychopath will do, how and why. They do isolate, seek to control, get supply, and triangulate their victims – their targets. They do so enjoy with such arrogant delight the drama of it all as they seek to hurt and punish. I merely observed his obvious patterned psychopathic behavior as he showed a tell of delight as he looked back at me each time before he talked to the next female (only) neighbor – one after the other – 5 in total. That gave him supply, the feeling of lost control back. It also helped him to feel he has punished me for (what I was not responsible for) his actual verbal tells, along with other behavioral tells and subsequent patterned stalking harassment. I walked into his trap in my observance of this. He has waited 4 days to do it.
I am not feeling what he really wants/needs me to feel. He has a strong sense of my general discomfort, though I have not shown that now for the last couple of weeks. This might be what frustrates or triggers him more then if I call the Police when there is a reason to or if I even look in his way as he often still circles me my backyard and has a whole new game being played from his balcony since I tarped my fence so he can longer peer through that.
As I block all his avenues to continue to try to “be in my face” so to speak, to “get my attention” to extract his supply from me, he keeps finding new ways to continue to the same impulsive, really obviously, uncontrollable behavior. He has to do what he does because otherwise he is a mere walking hollow intellect on a stick without feelings. Hurting others or giving it one’s best shot in the case of my psychopathic neighbor is his reason for being. It delights him where he otherwise only has darkness inside. It fills him up where he otherwise is totally empty inside. It is his best attempts to “feel” alive, where otherwise without triangulating a target he feels dead inside in a way that the rest of us cannot, nor do we really need to understand or hold empathy for. These psychopaths are not “fully human” at all, not even “as-if”. They are predators.
Please join me on my YouTube Channel and this website for much more coming very soon.
© A.J. Mahari, July 9, 2016 – All rights reserved, except for mention/attribution to Dr. James Fallon.