Without clear goals you can end up confused about what you want to achieve, and you may be putting yourself putting roadblocks between yourself and your desired goals. Clear goals can give you tremendous momentum and intense purpose in your life.
Five important tips to help you to define clear goals in your life:
1. Understand what you want to achieve. Your first step is to determine exactly what you want to achieve. If you don’t know what you need or where you’re going, you will find yourself blocked and stuck. Identify short-term and long term-goals. If you don’t know what you want or need in terms of goal-setting my Life Coaching can help you with that.
2. Determine a timeline. Setting timelines will prevent procrastination and encourage you to get into action enacting strategy to achieve your goals. Having a timeline for your goals also helps to clarify them because now you know what you want. Patience is important especially if your goals are longer-term ones.
3. Ensure your goals are realistic. With realistic goals, you can almost guarantee that you’ll be able to achieve them. Believe in them. Believe in yourself. It is important not to have unrealistic goals because that will only set you up to lose action-traction. A clear goal is a realistic one. Break your long-term goals into small, achievable action steps.
4. Be specific. Clarify your goals with the details of exactly what you want. Avoid vague generalities. When you make a specific goal, you’ll be better able to accomplish it.
5. Refine your goals. Your goals may change as your life changes. During this process, you’ll be able to make them more specific, realistic, and achievable. And you will have a workable strategy to achieve each desired goal as it is identified.
© A.J. Mahari, March 2011 – All rights reserved.