In order for anyone to be successful, they, at some point in time, will have to overcome a obstacles that challenge their goals and dreams. In order to be successful, you have to overcome a many things. Some of those obstacles are created internally. You can overcome these self-created obstacles with a little hard work and determination. While at the same time, you can learn to radically accept any external obstacle that you don’t have control over. Life Coaching can help you in this process to identify you blocks, what the obstacles are, identify what change you need/want and how to identify your goals and plan the strategy and action plan to accomplish the goals that will free you from the obstacles that may have been blocking your success or holding you back from the next level in your life and/or knowing yourself more fully in an authentic and connected way.
No matter what task you’re taking on, you can set yourself up for success. And as a Life Coach, BPD/Mental Health and Self Improvement Coach my role is to support you and walk a part of your journey with you to be a sounding board, to ask powerful life-changing questions, to identify challenges that may be blocks to your success that you are not fully aware of and to provide insight and educational personal growth information and strategy.
Here are some ways to deal with obstacles that may thwart your endeavors:
1. Understand your goals. Know exactly what it is you’re trying to do. You can’t just run in without a plan of some kind. Take the time to plan out your goals and the steps you intend to take to reach them.
Even with an exceptional plan, the reality is that things rarely go exactly as you’d expect. You’ll have to stop and make changes at times, and that’s okay. It is part of life and on-going healing, recovery, and/or personal growth and self improvement. Be prepared for the unexpected with ideas on how to handle a situation if it arises.
Identify the parts of your plan that may become problematic and lay out alternatives. For many people they are stuck in negative and unconscious thought loops that coaching can help bring to the surface, into your conscious awareness where you can then better create positive healthy desired change.
2. Trust yourself or work on improving your self-trust. You’re in charge of your journey to success. You set your goals and you’re the one making it happen, so you must trust yourself. If you truly have a great passion for what you are going to do, then you’ll be the best judge of what you want. For many self-trust is a prominent and often unrealized obstacle to their success.
Learn to follow your instincts. That little voice in the back of your head may very well end up telling you exactly what you need to succeed in your goals. My coaching can help you to tap into that inner-voice that requires your attention so that you can learn more about what has been blocking you from healing, recovery, or success in any area or areas of your life.
3. Get help and Support. If there’s something in your way and it is too large of an obstacle for you to remove on your own, seek support and help either with a coach, like myself, or the person or professional that you think would be most helpful to you. You can’t do everything by yourself. As humans, we are social beings and we need help, validation, and support from those around us.
My Life Coaching can and will bring in new ideas and fresh perspectives on the problem in ways you may have not considered up until now.
4. Gain a fresh perspective. There are times when, no matter how hard you try, things just don’t go your way. This is where you need to stop, take a step back, and look at things from a different perspective. Radically accept what is. Don’t be harsh or self-critical. Give yourself a break and know that you can and will find your way, in time.
You become used to your routine, so the fine details can easily slip past you. Take a break and walk away for a little bit. Change your focus for a time; then come back to the problem and you may see something you missed.
5. Never ever give up. Nothing has ever been solved or accomplished by giving up. Vince Lombardi said it best: “Winners never quit and quitters never win.” This is as true as it gets. Obstacles are teachers of things we need to learn just as mistakes and even past failures are wonderful and rich growth opportunities. It is important not to allow yourself to fall into feeling ashamed because you think you “should” be in a different place in your life. Life is unfolding for each one of us, as it is, because there is purpose. That purpose isn’t necessarily derived directly from the obstacles we face, but, it can be found in the way we choose to react or get proactive in facing the challenges and obstacles that come our way in life.
It is important to be as open as you can be to what is in a mindful and radically accepting way. Being too rigid on something can be counterproductive. In order to succeed, we sometimes have to change our approach completely. Keep at the problem until you find a solution. It is there; you just have to find it. The answers are within you, the challenge is to learn to ask the questions that will make it possible for you to gain more awareness of what is blocking your. As a coach that is one of the most important ways that I help my clients, by asking questions that nurture their living their way to the answers they seek to create the change that clears the path for recovery, healing, and/or success in other areas of your life.
6. Start again. Sometimes, despite all your efforts, you need to rebuild from the ground up. Maybe one of your fundamental ideas or core beliefs do not work for you anymore. This happens, and while it can create an obstacle that may be perceived as a setback, it is not the end of your dream.
With a determination to stick with your life as an unfolding process of self improvement and continued evolving personal growth you can really learn to be more patient and kind to yourself through the times that you aren’t where you want to be.
Being successful isn’t easy and it involves a lot of hard work, dedication and sometimes sacrifices. With these tips, a good plan, and positive people around you to help, you can accomplish anything you set your mind to. Many people seek out my coaching services because they need support and validation and another perspective along with compassionate feedback so that they can in fact overcome obstacles to their success.
© A.J. Mahari, March 2011 – All rights reserved.